Tuesday, March 22, 2005

wow! a backyard!

Assuming everything goes okay at the lease signing today (it's at 1 pm, please pray), Adam and I are acquiring housemates (and it's not me having twins), a garage, another bedroom and a backyard!

We and our friends, Dan and Christa, are going to rent a house together, Lord willing. Their managers raised Dan and Christa's rent insanely high, so they were looking for other options, and they remembered that Adam and I were thinking about sharing a house with another couple (because this would get us more room for less money than renting a 2 bedroom in our area). So they asked us about it, and we started looking around. We actually found our house while driving around town, looking for "for rent" signs! I was joking when I suggested it, but it worked!

I'm especially excited because the owners wanted to rent it for more than either of us had budgeted. So we offered them $200 less, and we left it at a bit of a "don't call us, we'll call you" impasse. So we prayed, and we asked that the Lord would give it to us at our asking price if it would be a good situation, and not if it wouldn't, figuring it would be pretty miraculous if we got it and a good sign that we ought to do it.

But then, just a few days later, they called us back, saying, "Well, it's less than we want, but we really like you . . ."

Several credit checks later, and we're ready to sign the lease. I really am especially thankful because it was very prayed for, and feels like the Lord leading us and being gracious to us. Always assuming the lease-signing goes okay. That's sort of His last chance to tell us "no". (Well, okay, it COULD be struck by lightening, or something like that.)


so, I'm really excited about having a garden, and grass for Brie to go play on, and another room, which brings the prospect of a second kid just that much closer - and all for not much more than we're paying for our one bedroom apartment.

As always, prayer is much appreciated, as it'll be a time of adjustment for us all. But Dan and Christa are really good folks, and we're talking through all the problems we can think of beforehand, so that they hopefully won't ever be big problems. It helps that the guys work together, and have lived together before. And Christa and I are going to be very considerate of each other in the kitchen. :D

Also, the house divides in two very neatly, so we'll each really have our own living space.

Anyway, I'm really excited and I wanted to share!

-Jess

No comments: