Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Scribbling

I have conceived a desire for a laptop. Activities that work best these days are floor-level activities, because that's baby-level. So, typing at a computer is generally something that works best during naptime, and naptime is shrinking (just a bit over an hour total, yesterday).

and I want to write. My drive to write disappears entirely around major life events (like getting married and having a baby, apparently), but then it slowly creeps back somewhere around the six-month-past mark. And in the past month or so, I've been getting (and beginning to scribble) ideas for, variously, a Scarlet-Pimpernel-style story, set in the British Regency, a story in the vein of "Three Things", called "Newly-Weds", a Lauren Winner-style book called "black belt" (going through the belts instead of through the church seasons), a paper on martial arts and pregnancy, and an essay called "Pick Your Sinner", that I'm plotting to get my mom to write with me once I've got enough of a plot to plot with.

It's lovely to have my brain working again. In normal time, this is what the inside of my head is like, peppered with ideas. Post-Brie, it was peppered with the desire for sleep, and the desire for someone else to Please Tell Me What I'm Doing and That What I'm Doing Is Okay. But now I feel like I am waking up from a mental sleep, mentally yawning, and mentally stretching in preparation for getting out of my mental bed.

I may be mental, but I feel great! :D

No comments: