Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Eight steps!

That's what Brie got up to last night, toddling between Adam and I.

And today she walked to the coffee table all by herself - the first time she successfully walked to a non-parental object.


Brigid's been yelling more the past few days - it reminds me of right before she learned to crawl, that frustration at being on the edge of of a new skill. I think it's the talking, and not the walking that's making her frustrated: she knows what talking is, and how it works, but she runs out of words too quickly.

When she's not yelling, she's often found shoving a book at me, pointing at the pictures and saying, "Dat! dat!" and waiting for me to tell her what each object is.

This is a hard stage to parent in, but it's also really exciting. And considering how frustrated she must be, Brie is doing a wonderful job. She's still a happy, pleasant little body overall. I love her so much.

-Jess

No comments: