Monday, June 27, 2005

Wedded This

My friend Deanna is married. Yep. To Jaron, not Jarrin, as I thought he was all through their engagement. She looked bee-yoo-ti-ful, and very, very happy. I was glad to be there and to be part of it.


When I was on my way home from the reception - walking because the distance wasn't far - across my path lay two cop cars, parked so that the officers could talk to each other. And one of them looked up at me and motioned me over.

Being without guilt, I wasn't worried, and went on over. The cop motioned at me again once I was in talking range and asked, "are those part of the outfit?"

It was then that I realized how I must look. A bridesmaid walking away from a wedding, all dolled up with sparkly things in my hair and around my neck, an elegant, strapless dress, high heels dangling from my hands - and stark black braces on both wrists.

It was funny. I talked to them for a couple minutes, then continued on my merry way. And what should I see before me? It was the love of my life! And he was pushing the little love of my life ahead of him in a stroller! Adam had come to meet me and walk me home. Wow. What a guy!

-Jess

No comments: