Thursday, October 13, 2005

love, Miles

Miles O'Keefe this time, unfortunately. Not Vorkosigan. Why? Because "I'm HUUUUGE!!!" as the MST3K boys would say.

Okay, I'm not really. But my three-week streak of not gaining any weight is over, I hit the halfway point this week, and my waist is gone.

Yup, yup. I know my friends are laughing at me, "Jess, did you notice that you haven't had a waist for weeks and weeks?" Yes, yes, I noticed. I stopped wearing normal jeans when THAT happened, thank you. But even though I had no visual waist, up until this week, I felt like I still had a functional waist: you know, one that bent and pivoted and stuff.

But at karate this week, I discovered that, unlike just the week before, I could no longer snap my hips into place during basic motions. Why? Because I couldn't snap them out of place to begin with. My waist was gone. I now feel like one solid piece from my shoulders to my bottom. Sort of like the cheap dolls that don't have enough articulated parts.

Still, this is good! I've been much more impatient during this pregnancy than the last one. I keep thinking things like, "Yeah, I'm pregnant, but I can't feel the baby kicking yet. Okay, I can feel the baby kicking, but only once a day. Okay, i feel the baby kicking more than once a day, but you can't watch my stomach change shape from round to square to triangular while the baby's kicking." It's knowing what's coming. I know already that it just gets cooler and cooler and cooler until FINALLY YOU GET TO MEET YOUR KID. WOW!

So knowing that there's a wonderful person at the end of this and I'm not allowed to meet him or her yet, it makes me impatient.


But don't listen to me, kid. Stay in there months and months yet. Grow, grow, grow. You grow, and I'll learn patience. Both by God's grace, if the Lord is willing. Lord, be willing. Amen.

-Jess

2 comments:

Linds said...

Are you a gentle stranger who comes with pecs like melons and knees of fringe?

Adam said...

Pecs like melons? I could only wish.

But I do drink it all. 'Cause sometimes the poison's at the BOTTOM.