Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I think I've figured more out about the strange fellow from this afternoon, because another couple strange folks came by this evening, after it was dark, just before Adam (and Dan and Christa) got home.

I think they're high-schoolers with a school assignment. Which means my initial assessment of the fellow as being high on something could very well be right, given high school alma mater.

The second ones knocked, and when I asked them what they wanted, I heard a girl respond, "we have to interview fifty neighbors for a communications project." This put her a step up from the strange guy, who, if that was what he was trying to tell me this afternoon, didn't manage to say it in understandable English (and I don't think it was a second language problem). When I told her "no, thank you," through the door (we really do need a security door or a peephole), she yelled back, with anger in her voice, "IT ISN'T AN OPTION!"

So, if these were both folks on the same high school communications project, I'd have to flunk them both, because the one apparently can't enunciate, and the other is openly hostile towards the people she's trying to communicate with.


but it's nice to have a better idea of why a strange guy showed up on my doorstep today. If it's just a school project, it means it's probably not likely to happen again, and it probably was just a coincidence that I opened the door before he had a chance to knock. Which is much nicer than a random stalker.


Thanks to all of you who pray for our safety. It looks like it wasn't threatened this time: your prayers are working. Thank you.


Adam and I then went to karate tonight, and it was all about what to do if a crazy person attacks you. I'm hoping that's where the theme ends. May we never, ever have to use any of it. Please, Father? Amen.

-Jess

No comments: