My friend Lettie is going into labor early, which is no doubt why the thought is on my mind, but still, you have to wonder sometimes.
I don't think I'm going into labor this week, but boy, this has been The Week of Increased Braxton-Hicks Contractions. Possibly brought on by it also being The Week I Caught Brie's Cold (Which Is Not Croup If You're An Adult) And Began Hacking My Lungs Out.
Adam and I took a walk Saturday morning that actually involved me stopping several times for a Braxton-Hicks. I think the reason they hurt is because they're pulling on the uterine tendons, which are sore from karate practice. It doesn't quite feel like the muscle pain that heralded the start of Brie's labor, but it's close enough to make me nervous.
There's the fake contractions, there's the end-of-pregnancy exhaustion and there's the cold, and it's all combining to make me physically miserable.
But, on the other hand, thanks to some really good time with Adam, getting my license back, Brie being better, getting a free close dryer (no more laundry lines!), and actually winning an online contest - which I didn't think happened to anyone in real life - I'm feeling mentally and emotionally good, so the physical pains aren't that discouraging. Not pleasant, but not discouraging.
I love the word "courage." It always reminds me of Jesus telling his disciples, "Take heart!" or to "be of good courage!" and of the part in the mass where the priest says, "Sursum corda!" or "Lift up your hearts!" It's such a very Christian thing to be told to take courage, to take heart. And why? Because "it is I, don't be afraid."
-Jess
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment