Thursday, February 02, 2006

nice and boring

Yet another wonderful prenatal appointment that made me feel like, "Why do I bother coming in?" But this is a GOOD thing, much nicer than the "Thank God I made it here because something's going terribly wrong" sort of appointment.

Sam's got a lovely heartbeat and sounds happy as a clam. He is NOT head-down yet; please pray he gets there in time. But the truth is that he changed positions by the time I'd gotten from the doctor's office over to Emily's to pick up Brie, so I think there's still some time left before he settles irrevocably.


One of the nice things about being sick and spending most of the day on the couch a few days back is that I became aware that Sam is a MUCH more active baby than I thought he was, I'm just usually too active myself to notice during the day! But a day lying down taught me that he moves frequently, and I just am not aware of it when I'm up and about too. Sorry, Sam, I maligned you: you're not as passive as I thought.


Five weeks to go!
-Jess

No comments: