Thursday, February 02, 2006

smart squirt

Today when I pulled into a parking spot at Emily's, Brie started saying something over and over - two repeated vowel sounds, I think. I got out and started to get her out of the carseat, and she kept saying the same thing, so I looked where she was looking, and saw the "48" on the storage cubicle in front of the parking space. So I told her, "It says 'four eight'." This made her happy, and she stopped asking.


Isn't that cool? She doesn't know her numbers or letters yet, of course, but she's noticing them, and knows that they have sounds associated with them, and she's interested. So cool!



btw, she's also getting more interested in my lumpy tummy. She says "hi" to the baby a lot, and pats him, and kisses him, and tries to squish him. Then she says, "bye-bye". So, yeah, she's interested, but her fascination has its limits.

"Okay, Mommy, I said hi to the baby, can we do something else now?"



Finally, because I know there's lots of prayer warriors who read this, would you please pray for my friend's new baby boy? His name is Hunter, and it looks like he's going to be hospitalized because he hasn't kept anything down for the last 48 hours. He's only three weeks old, so that's pretty serious. Please pray for him. Thank you.

-Jess

No comments: