Sunday, March 12, 2006

comforting

I've been googling induction success rates, and I've found the comforting fact, repeated over and over, that while labor induction does lead to higher c-section rates if it's your first baby, there's very little increase in c-section rates if you're "multiparous", that is, if you've had a baby before.

I'm still hoping I'll go into labor before Wednesday, and I'm still planning on asking my doctor to explain why labor induction is a good idea (although from what I've read, the reason it's recommeded is because still-birth rates increase the further beyond your due date you go), and I still might not go for it if there's no indications that Sam's close to ready (e.g., some cervical dilation), but still, I find it comforting that it's apparently not that big of a deal if it's your second time round.


Please continue to pray for us. Still mostly that it would be a good, healthy birth however it comes around, but if the Lord leads you, that it would happen spontaneously and soon.

-Jess

No comments: