Thursday, April 06, 2006

mishmash

Okay, if everyone else gets to do the occasional mishmash blog, so do I.

First, the random lists:
1) Chuch Norris Facts - Those of you who heard of Chuck Norris probably won't get most of these. Those of you who have at least heard of him might get a few small chuckles. I think some of these are hilarious. Particularly "Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink" and "Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting; hunting implies a possibility of failure. Chuck Norris goes KILLING."
2) Jessica recently showed me a list of bumper stickers. My favorite two were "Dyslexics are teople poo", "Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and name streets after them" (in honor of So. Cal), "So you're a feminist. Isn't that cute?", "I doubt, therefore I might be" and "Save the trees, wipe your butt with an owl" (sorry grandmas)

We watched The Princess Bride last night, as well as some of the special features. Someone put it well when they pointed out that the great thing about the movie is that kids and adults can both watch it and enjoy it, so parents show it to their kids, who grow up and show it to their kids, who grow up and show it to their kids, etc. It could be a classic for a while to come.

We're currently enjoying one of the three 'clean' days of the year. It just got done dumping tons of rain (for California) on us, so the smog has all been damped down and is struggling to get back up. I bet the view of the mountains is great today. Too bad I'm stuck indoors.

Jessica pointed out last night as we were going to bed that I'm starting to show some ambition regarding karate and work. Who knew she might marry an ambitious man!?

I've been looking at guns lately. Not just airsoft guns, but real guns. My current favorite is this (possibly in stainless steel, since - as FIL pointed out - they're even less maintenance), although I've been hearing some things about Taurus that are making me doubt. I've decided I want a revolver because they're less maintenance than your average autoloading handgun, and frankly they just look nicer.

This weekend FIL (that stands for Father-in-Law, by the way; it's easier than typing "Jess' dad" all the time) is leading an extreme self defense karate seminar at karate. Looking forward to it. More on that later probably.

We're still watching Firefly these days. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a Sci-fi tv show that thinks it's a western. It's great. Lot's of good dialog. Shiny.

I've decided I'm going to become a master coin spinner. I've started practising with a 20 colones coin from Costa Rica (souvenir from my graduation trip to CR with Dad) and plan to keep practising until I either a) lose interest or b) lose my coin. If the latter, I might see if I can get more somewhere, since they're worth all of about 4 cents.

That's all I have time for right now.

1 comment:

Linds said...

Oh, Adam, please oh please don't get a gun with small children in the house. I'll be a nervous wreck until they're old enough for college.

And then, when you do get a gun, you HAVE to name it Vera. :)