-Easy cookie recipe: box of cake mix + 2 eggs + 1/2 cup veg. oil, bake at 350 for about 10 min. Especially good with spice cake mix.
-Sam's eyes are BLUE. Really. I just have to compare them to Brie's greys when I'm not sure.
-Sam CAN cry. Often it's a cue that he's tired and needs to be rocked to sleep.
-One of Brie's new sentences is "Sam (grunting noises)." Because Sam grunts A LOT. The answer to that sentence is, "Yes, Sam DOES make that noise."
-I've taken to calling Samuel "Sam-Sam" a lot (he's just not a "Sammy"), which means that Brie often calls him "Yam-a-yam." This is also influenced by Dr. Seuss' "Sam-I-Am."
-Sam is huge. I think it took Brie months to get this big. Go, boy, go!
-I love how my babies smell.
-Brigid is starting to repeat everything, including words like "postpartum". She also has started making those concrete, embarrassing toddler observations I've heard so much about like, "Mommy pee LOTS."
-If you need help figuring out the parts of speech, ask yourself if the word in question would be used by a toddler. If so, it's quite possibly a verb or a noun.
-Jess
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was, by all accounts, quite the observant little kid. Too much so. I embarrassed my poor mother very badly one day when I was small: We lived near the Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco. One day while out walking in that neighborhood we stopped at a traffic light next to a woman (at least... I THINK it was a woman!) who was all done up in black leather, multi-colored neon spiked hair, etc. Mom was horrified when I asked, quite loudly enough so the woman could hear me, "Why on earth does she look like that?" My mom thought quickly: "Because she likes it, dear!"
Post a Comment