Tuesday, May 16, 2006

[glup] [glup] [glup] Ahhhhh

It's amazing how much caffeine will change your outlook on life. If, for example, you find yourself sitting at your desk, barely able to keep your eyes open, then drink a cup of tea. All of a sudden, you're sitting upright again and feeling like you might actually make it through karate tonight!

Hooray for legal drugs! (Including, but not limited to caffeine, alcohol, pseudophedrine, most antihistamines, everything they put in nyquil and it's lookalikes, and of course TV, which - as everyone knows - is the greatest sedative ever invented)

1 comment:

Linds said...

TV is quite the sedative. I've made an effort to use it to lull me to sleep in the evening. This has less to do with my boredom with TV and more to do with my vain attempt to reverse my Pavlovian reaction to reading. When I was younger, I used to read at night to make myself sleepy. Now I can't crack a book for more than an hour without my eyelids drooping.