I really do have to agree with Jess: John is the best Gospel writer of the four. At least, I think Jess said that. I might be misquoting her.
One of the communion hymns we sing far to seldom at church is "I Am the Bread of Life", which as far as I can tell is just that section from John where Jesus is talking about the mystery of the Bread and Wine and Body and Blood, and it still almost makes me cry every time we sing it just because of the promise that is repeated after each verse:
"And I will raise them up on the last day."
Yes Lord, we DO believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who has come into the world.
I made Jessica promise that if I die before her, she has to have that song sung at my funeral.
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dag nab it Adam,
That's very good.
Post a Comment