Saturday, May 13, 2006

sun-dried sundries

Dried fruit is big around here. Brie's favorite are the apricots, I'm digging the orange-flavored cranberries, and Adam tried something called dragonfruit, but I'm not sure how that turned out.

Brie is learning that "B is for BRIGID" along with a few of the other letters in her alphabet puzzle. She's hitting the mimic stage, so we're having teaching her how to say things like "chemicals" and "precocious". We're working on "transubstantiation" next week. ;) We taught her that she's "Brigid Elizabeth", and then she tried "Mommy Elizabeth?" on me. Next she tried calling me "Dess-i-ca?", and I assured her that while that is my name, SHE had to call me "MOMMY".

I like it when cooking dinner involves no eggs or raw meats, because then I can let Brie safely "help" out. The caveat is there because Brie helping mostly means Brie snatching things to eat, and while I'm okay with her stealing white flour by the spoonful (and making an awful pasty mess in her mouth), I'm not so okay with her doing that with raw chiken juice.

We survived the cockroach spraying, but are going to go through it again this week, and possibly the week after, to get the survivors.

And we got hooked on Survivor. Whee!

-Jess

1 comment:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you have to keep moving out. :(

Brigid is so funny - "Mommy Elizabeth" is great!