I'll never forget the Don Rags where I heard my introverted tutor declare, after weeks of seeing many, many students, "I hate people, I hate people, no, I hated people even before I met you, Dan, I hate people."
And I understood, and I wasn't insulted, 'cause I grew up with an introvert or two, and you don't take an introvert's hatred of people personally. It just isn't that kind of hate.
And I'm a bit of an introvert myself. I mean that: I'm a bit of one. Not a strong one (no, I'm only a strong J), but enough of one that every once in a while I hate people. Not in a way anyone should take personally, but in a way any other introvert would understand. As in: "I wish you all the best, may you prosper and have many fat children, but PLEASE GO AWAY."
Anyway, tonight, at the height of my people-hating, I got to go on a date with my husband, for the first time in far too long.
Turns out, even when i hate people, there are some I don't hate.
Oh best of men.
-Jess
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment