Tuesday, August 01, 2006

so, a funny thing happened on the way to downieville . . .

You know, our first post after our vacation was going to be about our crazy vacation, and how a puking toddler kept us from going camping, and how a laptop was backed over by a minivan and how it was all still a wonderful vacation anyway (it was! you wouldn't believe! we couldn't have imagined!), but instead, I think I'll post about how right now my son still has thrush and an odd color in his diaper (but much less than before and a doctor's appointment tomorrow), how my two-year-old (we have a two year old!) alternates between extreme politeness ("dank you, Mom!") and sweetness ("I hold Sam-youel?") and whining ("I haff a tomato-wah-ha-waahhhhh!"), how my husband is in bed with a fever of over 102 and how I managed to set my hands on fire by chopping up jalepenos sans gloves.

But if the vacation turned out well, you know this will too. Right? Right?


Pray for us, because I believe we serve a mighty God, and one with a sense of humor, and He'll bring good out of all of this yet. But He told us to ask Him when we needed things, and to pray for each other. So please pray for us.

From the house of fire (burning mouth, burning temper, burning forehead and burning hands),
much love,
Jess

p.s. please pray especially for Sam, 'cause his condition's the most chronic (I hope). And please pray especially that the doctor is able to determine what's going on, or at least that I can get referred to one who can. I'm not sure quite what to do, 'cause I like Dr. A., but he's family practice and I'm thinking maybe I should ask to see someone more specialized. Thanks!

No comments: