Our squirts are active and growing. Last night was a big night for Sam, as he figured out how to say "mmmm!" for "more!" and got more practice in yelling "Dada!" when he wanted Adam. I'd say we're officially up to four words now: Mommy, Daddy, more and hi. It was fun watching him figure out "more", because we could actually see the moment his eyes lit up as he caught on.
Sam's also more mobile then ever. He can walk when you hold his hands, he cruises EVERYWHERE (round and round and round the coffee table is a favorite) and he's beginning to go from standing to sitting without holding onto anything.
The other really fun thing I've noticed about Samuel during the last few weeks is how sensitive he is to music. Every time I sing, he stops what he's doing, grins, and starts flapping his hands and singing along.
Brie is also big on singing, but her breakthrough has been making up her own songs, with long, complicated lyrics. They usually start out as a song she knows, but then she starts freestyling, and pretty soon the angels we have heard on high are talking to Mary's little lamb, and then they all go over to visit Old MacDonald.
We've also taught Brie her first memory verse, which is really exciting! "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Now that we've got the important stuff down, what should we do next? :D Actually, I'm contemplating "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind, and love your neighbour as yourself", but we might break that down into two parts in order to teach it.
I love this two and a half year old stage, where she's so open to being taught, and to learning, and to exploring her world. Cool sentence of the week: "Globos means balloons!" when we were reading her "Fiesta!" book. It's a cool alphabet book that's mostly in English, but has a Spanish word in every sentence. It was cool to watch her figure out what the Spanish words meant by listening to the rhymes and looking at the pictures.
Brie's also learning to draw. Her speciality right now is drawing chocolate chip cookies, which consist of a circle with a bunch of dots inside. I'm pretty sure this evolved out of her attempts to draw smiley faces.
I'm also enjoying how she's becoming able to communicate more complex thoughts. Things like, "Let's not sing right now because right now I'm eating my cookie."
Also, the past two days she's come and told me when she was poopy. yay! I'm all for more awareness in the potty area. We tried potty training for a solid week last month, and got a total of four drops of pee in the potty. So I decided I was going to wait a month and then try again for a week, and so on. I figure that way, I'll catch her when she's ready, but I won't waste too much time trying when she's not. Because seriously, potty-training is a pain. It'll be great when it's done, but it's no fun to be in the middle.
Well, sounds like nap-time's done, so I'll sign off. G'bye!
-Jess
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love how descriptive your stories are! Thank you for sharing the joy of your kiddos with us! I can imagine everything vivdly with the descriptions you give!
Post a Comment