Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A new series

I have decided to start something new with the new year and see how long I last. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you your:

Useless Skill of the Week

disclaimer: USoWs are not so labeled because they are unimpressive (although many of them may be) or because they do not reflect other useful skills, but simply because they are the kind of thing that you would never need to know in real life (exceptions being made for those of us who work for circuses (circi?) and such things).

This Week's USoW:

Tying cherry stems into knots with your tongue - Yes, you CAN try this at home! (Just don't inhale the stem.)

Many of us have tried it, some of us can do it, and those who can claim that it marks an exceptional kissing ability. I cannot vouch for this myself, having never kissed anyone who couldn't do it, and having always thought that my wife is a great kisser, but I'm sure that those who can't do it would take issue with it.

The technique consists of taking a cherry stem (maraschino, fresh, whatever), popping it in your mouth, and after a few moments of making funny faces, spitting out (or proudly displaying on the tip of your tongue) a knotted cherry stem.

Further instruction can be found here and here. Excercise those facial muscles and brain cells and give it a try! Do it! Do it now!

No comments: