Monday, February 26, 2007

oh dear

No offense to any friends who might have worn one, but I have to say that this article pretty much sums up what I think about the trendy strapless wedding gown.

-Jess

3 comments:

jeric2003 said...

I completely blame the bridal shops. If they had more variety, I might have gotten something with sleeves. I was actively searching for something with sleeves, but most of the gowns that had them were either too old-fashioned or too Renaissance-inspired. Sure, the strapless sell - but only because that's mostly all they offer!

sarah marie said...

I found it almost impossible to find a gown that wasn't strapless. It was extremely frustrating! In the end I ended up with strapless with a lacy-sleeved bolero jacket over it. I still had to use fashion tape to hold the dress in place, since the alterations were not done very well. I hate the bulge that strapless dresses cause... the edges of your underarms, the tops of your breasts, the 'back fat' and skin over your shoulder blades... it's just not flattering on most people!

becca said...

I second Jeri... when I went looking it was hard to find anything else in a reasonable price range. I really loved my dress, though!