Well, I've sent two in, and gotten two rejection notices. Bummer!
However . . . and it's a really big, happy "however" . . . one of the rejection notices was NOT a form letter. It was from the editor of the (online) magazine, who said that it's a nice article, but too similar to another one recently purchased. But he said they're working on the spring and summer issues, and if I have anything else, seasonal or not, to send in, to feel free.
Whee!
That's what I call a GOOD rejection letter. So, I'm gonna get right to work writing something else to send in. I have a couple more outlined already, so I'm gonna see if I can't get at least one done today, to send in tonight. I think I'll say something along the lines of, "Thanks so much, here's another, if this doesn't suit your needs, I also have expertise in X, Y and Z areas, and would love to submit an article in any of those areas if you think it would be suitable for your spring or summer issue."
What do you think? Does that sound like the right approach to you?
love,
Jess
p.s. No news on the recipe contest yet.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment