Tuesday, May 15, 2007

music

Okay, I realize that I am about to show myself to be a very big nerd, but here we go: Last year, for Mother's Day, my wonderful husband got me a gift certificate to iTunes and this today, I finally used it. Yes, I am that resistant to new technology and new experiences. Big nerd. I know.

But I got such cool stuff tonight! And, 'cause it was a gift, I felt free to indulge all my (less nerdy) nerdiness and buy stuff just 'cause I wanted to, and not because they were necessarily the best songs in the world (though some of them are pretty cool). Anyway, here's what I picked:

"Alcohol" by Brad Paisley
"Ten Minutes Ago" from Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella"
"A Lovely Night", from Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella"
"Jolene", by Mindy Smith and Dolly Parton
"The Train Song" by Mindy Smith
"King of the Road" by Randy Travis
"Scotland the Brave" by Seamus Kennedy (hard to find a version with the lyrics!)
"The Foggy Dew" by the Chieftains and Sinnead O'Conner
"A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash
"Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash
"Kiss the Girl" from "The Little Mermaid"
"Family Tree" by Darryl Worley
"Love You Didn't Do Right By Me" by Rosemary Clooney
"Springtime Indiana" by Sandra McCracken
"How Firm a Foundation" by Fernando Ortega
"Children of the Living God" by Fernando Ortega
"Come Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy" by Fernando Ortega

I've got two bucks left. What to do, what to do . . . :D

-Jess

2 comments:

Linds said...

One book should go to David Wilcox "Show the Way."

Linds said...

Er... buck, that is. :)