Thursday, November 15, 2007

how it went

My appointment with Dr. G went well. I still don't know anything more about the twins' condition, but I have an appointment for an ultrasound at his office scheduled for early (7:30!) Tuesday morning, and they're working at getting me an ultrasound with the perinatologist at the hospital, but this might take a bit longer because they usually do them on Thursdays and next Thursday is Thanksgiving. So it might be the week after next for that. I also have scheduled ob appointments all the way through the end of February! Pray God I am still pregnant then.

But Dr. G. was exactly what I'd hoped. He said, "We want to do absolutely every test we need to" but also said, "but even though twin pregnancy can be more complicated, most of our multiple pregnancies go very, very well." He also said that given my obstetrical history, I'm a really good candidate for carrying a healthy twin pregnancy.

So all of that was very encouraging. I'm glad to have a doctor who will take all of the precautions, while at the same time expecting the best.

Also, though we did not find out whether the babies have a membrane separating them, he did say, "the ultrasound you had basically told me none of the things I want to know." I got the impression from him that the place that did my initial ultrasound really isn't good for anything above and beyond a routine, singleton pregnancy, and he seemed to think that it was quite possible that there was a membrane, and they had missed it. SO KEEP PRAYING!

He did ask if I had support should I need to go on bedrest, and confirmed that if the twins are momo, I probably, but not necessarily, WILL end up hospitalized.

So, he was very realistic but yet encouraging. Thank you so much for praying. Please continue to. But what an answer to prayer that the doctor I was referred to seems to be so competent.

love,
Jess